Sunday, November 2, 2014

Investigating Avatars

At some point at the beginning of this term I had a twitter discussion with someone about Tellagami. I had seen it on a list for the best apps for educators and had mindlessly downloaded it onto my iPad, but was struggling to understand the usefulness of it as a concept.

Today as I was running late for church I thought it was the perfect opportunity to have a go. It started badly as think there are some glitches with the app. It kept crashing for a start but I managed to download the EDU version which worked better. I think it would be a fun way to discuss learning from a lesson, or to give to children as an extension activity as they would be able to create a video explaining some concept to the rest of the class. So far I have only made one video and I will be using this with my year 6s tomorrow in order to explain the lesson aims. My aim in my teaching at the moment is that I want to try to not continually be using pen and paper as I think there are more exciting and innovative ways to record and share learning accomplished in the classroom.

If you are interested the video I made is below.

Is tellagami something you have been using? Have you got any great suggestions for what I should be doing? I would love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment