Friday, November 7, 2014

TedED and why I love them

This blogpost marks the end of my second week as a fully fledged blogger. I know I still have a lot to learn. But I am excited by what has happened and the pageviews my blog has generated. Thank you so much for checking in with me.

As it it Friday I thought a short post is in order. So have you checked out TedED? I cannot put into words how amazing this resource is and how cool the videos are. Really well executed and clear, perfectly pitched for school children. While there are not a lot of Religion ones, I have found this one all about big questions one might ask and I have used it twice this week when beginning essay planning conversations with the scholars groups.

There are others in this series and they can be used to provoke some really helpful debate in philosophical lessons. I began the lesson by watching the clip then discussing with them some of the unanswered questions they had. After doing this we talked about the fact that the essays they have to answer in exams are essentially just like this; unanswered questions for them to explore and discuss. I may even allow them the chance to try and make a cool animated video to explore one issue we have been covered in class. So, so much more fun than just endlessly planning essays!

Here is a link to the other Philosophy and Religion ones.

Have you found any amazinf videos for using in RS lessons? I'd love to hear about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment