Friday, October 31, 2014

Getting into technology: Some tips

I currently work at a school where there has not been a huge push for integrated technology. There are a few teachers who are keen but it is certainly not the majority. Sometimes when I talk to people I mention things and I can literally see their eyes glazing over with boredom. At brunch with a friend today, we were chatting over some uses of tech for her. She says she feels very scared of getting started so we began chatting about some easy steps. This is obviously not an exhaustive list; I was careful here to suggest tools which can be used in classes where you do not have access to iPads of laptops.

I love this for picking which children should answer the next question. Everyone gets picked and they seem to love the graphics of the typewriter and fruit machine. After each name has been selected on the fruit machine you can delete that person to ensure there is no repetition.

where your pupils hold up some paper indicating their answer to a question and you can scan the room to quickly see who has got the answer correct.

  • This may seem like an obvious one, but I love the fun you can have when you get into the mind of a character and come up with some ideas of how they would have felt. I do this for biblical characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment