Monday, January 12, 2015

In my exploration of technology that I would like to start using in my classroom next year I have come across an App called Aurasma. It helps you to use augmented reality in the classroom. This to me, is a new and very exciting concept and I have heaps of ideas of how I will use it. In my excitement I began a little twitter dialogue with someone who was asking me about the difference between doing this and using a QR code. I will be honest, I had not even thought of using QR codes on worksheets and around the classroom but I can see that it would work too, but to me the idea of Aurasma is even more exciting. 


Here are some ideas of what I would like to start doing, (please bear in mind that I teach Religious Studies so my ideas are based around that subject).

1.) When I introduce a new religion and we look at different artifacts after the initial discussion of what the different objects are, have each one linked up to a website with an explanation of them. Then children can then find out if they were right of wrong. I could also get the children to work in groups and then link up the item so that another group could potentially learn from them.

2.) On worksheets have a video on YouTube linked which features a clip of the bible passage that we are studying.

3.) If a text has more complicated words in it I could link up a dictionary definition of the word.

4.) I think there is some scope for gifted and talented pupils having the opportunity to help their peers, by creating links to them.

5.) As I have a classroom which as some interesting artifacts on display all the time I could create some links so children could go around finding out what was displayed. This would work well with a science lab as well I thought, particularly if you were introducing your class to the dangers of a lab for the first time.

While investigating I found a very good blog, which has some fantastic ideas. I love the fact that when I wonder how to do something I can always find someone who has gone before me and has lots of tips and ideas. HOORAY.

I would love to hear your ideas about augmented reality and any ideas of good Apps to use and how to do it well.


No comments:

Post a Comment